SaeboFlex, purely mechanical custom-made orthosis.
It allows individuals suffering from neurological impairments such as stroke the ability to incorporate their hand functionally in therapy and at home by supporting the weakened wrist, hand, and fingers.
The user is able to grasp an object by voluntarily flexing his or her fingers. The extension spring system assists in re-opening the hand to release the object.
Treatment principles are based on the latest advances in neuro rehabilitation research documenting the brain’s ability to “re-program” itself through mass practice, task oriented training.
Individuals up to 20 years post neurological injury can benefit from the SaeboFlex. In addition, the ability to use the hand in therapy and at home has been reported as extremely motivating during the recovery process.
Indications for use
It is designed for individuals who have some shoulder and elbow movement but minimal to no hand function. Users require at least 20 degrees of shoulder flexion and abduction and 15 degrees passive wrist extension.
Individuals with weakness and limited movement in the arm and hand following a neurological event.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Custom made and adjusted for comfort and maximum effectiveness.
- Supports the wrist, hand and fingers in a functional position
- Consists of multiple graded springs to accommodate varying degrees of tone in the hand
- Allows patients to incorporate their hand immediately for grasp and release activities.
- Appropriate for patients with severe tone in the hand.